Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Best deals at the 25th Hour!

Brooklyn is officially the spot to be now that I am there. Staten Island is in second place and L.A. is at the bottom of the list of course. After being royally screwed out of my last living situation, I guess I finally believe in good things come to those who wait. My baby (KAI) and I are not hopeless nor homeless and its before the 15th of the month! A last minute deal worked itself out in less than 24 hours! Saw the apt with C, loved the huge space in Bed-Stuy agreed, paid, signed and moved. Of course the apartment needs work but even my closet feels bigger than my sad-excuse-for-a-room I used to curl up in. I have met the neighbors, inside and outside the building have appreciated the beautiful brownstones (I wish I lived in) and have already visited a popeye's and a KFC in da' hood.
I don't consider my situation a gentrifying factor at all though, because like I said the place needs work and I am paying cheap rent! All thanks to (what I thought was lost hope) craigslist and my roommate's (and co-parent of my baby) dedication.
It has been three days and its all coming along slow and well.
Beautiful neighborhood, beautiful queer people of color! and a sense of calm at night (despite people's opinion of Bed-Stuy). Something that is lacking and or that I haven't discovered are eateries to have good food, doesn't matter what kind of food but as long as it is good and healthy. All in all I can't complain...20 minutes to work on train...Express stop! 2 blocks from train station. Cheap rent!
Roundtrip Ride: $4.00
Rent per month: <$600.00
A new Brooklyn experience: Priceless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

only $600 rent per month? that's a steal, what's it for, what size, and where exactly?

Marisol said...

u are ridunculous