Tuesday, November 13, 2007

New Year--New Resolution---New York!

Hey guys,

Happy Holidays to you all! I hope you all got to rest up and eat some good food, I know I sure missed my pernil, tamales and arroz con guandules this past weekend and probably next weekend as well. The strike in NYC kind of put a hold on things for me as well as an emergency that I will not talk to about. Anyways, as the days are getting shorter, I have had some time to think about things and think about them well. I have come up with a new years resolution, that is more than cutting the carbs, or losing the love handles (that I dont have). This year will be mostly dedicated to saving money and grounding myself as I turn a year older, that some of you might have not known because I appear to be older and maturer. Noris save money??! Sounds scary and merely impossible in the non-profit field for me alone, and for those of you who have seen me outside the work environment almost impossible. Anyways the reason for my saving plan is my next step in life this year, a big move. Many of you may know that being a native New yorker is not the easiest thing to be in New England let a lone, Boston. And has become a struggle rather than experience being a person of color who hasn't and refuses to assimilate into the white gay culture. The plan for my big move is for the summer of this year, however if need be I will move earlier. I am starting my search for a place, a roomate, a job etc, its a new begining. This move is in hopes of being closer to my mother, closer to sanity and closer to where I want to be at this point in life. Your help is much needed now, if you guys have leads, or connections with either roomates, places (preferably in the city) and job opportunities let me know. If you need a copy of my resume let me know, but overall my expertise is working with youth, people of color, mostly latin@s and also working with men who have sex with men (MSM) in direct services with HIV/AIDS and suicide prevention as well empowering of people of color. Many of you know me and my ability to learn fast etc. Although I am used to and more experienced in the public health field, but hey... a job is a job and would like to move ASAP. Hopefully this networking attempt works to its fullest. Contact me if you need my resume and if you think you have something i would be good at! Happy Holidays!

No comments: