Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A New York-Vacation (Home-Sweet-Home)

New York
So I am on the bus now and almost had to wait another hour to catch the next one but I too am a bus master. I met some funky people last nite. From cute lil artsy puerto rican boy who is a bottom and has an expert bottom boyfriend (thats what I've heard) to a crazy Kelly Osbourne coke head who was cool because she bought me a lovely overly priced rum and coke...just because I am The Noris, but of course I told her Nyko. Met a guy who was on point [yes chris ON POINT ;)] with politics that works at a bookstore (and knew who Kirschner was... come on how many of you know about Kirschner?), a heroine addict and dealer, some funky tall black guy who was very soft spoken, some crazy kid who said he had to catch the train at 3AM to get home...but yet we saw him at the diner at 6 or 7 AM (SKETCH) . It was a crazy evening-night -morning, needless to say I got back to Chris' (the bad influence who told me that I should stay another night and hang out...tsk tsk tsk) place at 8 am, after picking another fight with two black guys. Lol, yes another fight (total counts of fights picked this weekend...3) . Anyways I'm typing on my blackberry and my fingers are tired nap time!!!!Lets reminisce...So anyways this weekend started off in Brooklyn where Iris was the greatest hostess, kind of, because I only stayed one night there. So I brought my Concha y Toro Chardonnay and in about 30 minutes we were sipping (more like they were sipping) while I was downing this lovely U$ 9.99 Chilean wine. The purpose of getting together Friday was for some potluck that we had been emailing back and forth about, however the Potluck consisted of a lentil soup and fat squares...also known as lemon squares when you put in more butter than you can ever imagine and a teaspoon of ...yes...lemon juice. I mean they were great Cecilia...So she's not making them anymore. Blah blah blah...Chris B. shows up somehow in Manhattan...and we leave to go to New Jersey (where he lives) at what time I don't know. Rewinding a bit on that night I was told that: A. I was grabbing random guys butts, and pretending it wasn't me and not being subtle at all.B. Taking pictures with a random guy who I just put my arm around and said "Hey come take a picture with me. (He was cute too though, and there are pictures to prove it).C. Picking some fights on the New Jersey Path train.Needless to say, it was a very eventful Friday night :)SaturdayWoke up. The time well it was light out. I am in Jersey! in a bed that had red wine spilled on it, hey I've been in worse situations, it was fine. Chris is all crazy cleaning and being super sweet. My Che T-shirt that I had just bought the night before in a Chinatown-3 T-shirts for U$10.00 store was missing half the sleeves and some of the torso. Yes, to make it fashionable Ceci and myself cut it on Friday night, after a couple of bottles of rum, white and red wine were consumed. Neither one of us is a tailor or seamstress. The clothes gets washed AND dried...and SHRUNK!!!! On my way back to Brooklyn I look like a really gay-still stuck in the 80's-guy wearing a headband and a belly shirt...All the way back to Brooklyn, thank goodness for a lovely medium women's sweater that Laura let me borrow. Supposedly I saw her the night before... went to H&M, to this arts fair that was done by the time we got there (bout 5PM). H&M, sample sale, and the other H&M in SoHo, I went crazy...well not really, oh and did I mention I bought two pairs of sneakers for less than U$100.00 in Chinatown of course... not sure if they are real or not, but they haven't fallen apart yet. Had Thai food, on the UWS and then only had one bottle of wine, but a lot of free shots at Central Bar (thanx Ceci). This was the night that I crawled underneath the turnstile to avoid paying the U$2.00 subway in NYC, and actually slept at Iris'.SundayWoke up on a piece of mat smaller than a twin size bed, next to Ceci and we were both on the mat neither of us touching the floor. Since I have a blackberry I went on MH (the gays understand this terminology) got some phone calls but had no time (thinking that I was leaving Sunday). Took my oversized duffle bag I packed for the weekend (even though I wore the same pair of jeans and my two new shirts I bought at the sample sale, and I was on my way to the East Village where I met up with Chris M. for brunch, and then was convinced to stay the night.Purge (also known as URGE)--> The Phoenix --> APT or ApartmentI think those are it, drinking, flirting, meeting Chris' random friends while observing and being jealous of those who are currently living in New York, the motherland for the cool people. The music, the randomness, the fights, the chic-ness, the friendliness, the MEN (OF COLOR), the men of not so much color, the cokeheads, the heroin addicts, the gays kissing in public, the high cost of living....oh I miss it! Now back to boring Boston...Grrr....

No comments: